Lena Paskovitz Cantor
|Lena Paskovitz Cantor|
Rozanka, Russia (c. 1887–c. 1905)|
Baltimore, Maryland (c. 1905–c. 1909)
Richmond, Virginia (c. 1909–)
|Spouse||Eli Robinson (m. c. 1907–)|
Mayer Willie Robinson|
Sidney Robinson (aka Israel?)
|See map of Lena Paskovitz Cantor's descendents and ancestors|
According to Edwin Gregg Robinson, "Lena was from Rozanka which is a small town next to Vilna. The towns were Polish/German/Russian—depending on what times—I think initially Poland, then Russian in the early 1900’s and then Polish again. Lena and Eli knew each other then and I think Lena preceded Eli in emigrating here by a year."
In Eli's naturalization petition, Lena is listed as a Rabinowicz, and her maiden name, though difficult to read, appears to be "Avarowicz". This conflicts with the name given in Edwin Gregg Robinson's research.
 Historical Records
- Eli petitioned for citizenship on June 1, 1909.
- Eli registered for the WWI draft in 1917-1918. The draft card lists his birthdate as Jun 19, 1886 and states that he lives in Richmond, Wise County, Virginia
- Eli (age 34) and Lena (age 33) live in Richmond Clay Ward, Richmond (Independent City), Virginia, with children Willie (age 11), Nathan (age 8), Max (age 5), and Israel (age 3) in the 1920 Federal Census. Eli's occupation is listed as "Partnership Business Wholesale Grocery".
- Eli (age 43) and Linnie (age 42) live in Richmond, Richmond (Independent City), Virginia, with children Willie (age 22), Nathan (age 18), Max (age 16), Sidney (age 13), Morris (age 10), Charles (age 8), and Irvin (age 4) in the 1930 Federal Census. Eli is still listed as a wholesale grocery merchant. Eli is listed as having arrived in the US in 1900; Linnie in 1905. Eli and Linnie are listed as having been born in "Poland; Wilna", and their parents are all listed as having been born in Russia. (User:Jim.lindstrom: Wilna is known today as Vilnius, and is the current capital of Lithuania.)
- Eli (age 56) registered for the WWII draft. He is listed as living with Lena at 3328 Stuart Ave., Richmod, VA. His employer is Robinson-Gordon-Flax Co., at 113 S. 12th Street. (User:Jim.lindstrom: This building still stands)