|Used By||Local residents|
|Active Years||c. 1911 - present|
 Creation of the Cemetery
Georg Carl Volkert contributed land to the Cushing Cemetery. The April 27, 1911 edition of the Correctionville News writes:
A suitable location for Cushing's new cemetery has at last been found. Last year the town council undertook the establishment of a burying ground and decided on a plot of ground on the Organ farm. Chas. Baldwin, the present owner, however, strenuously objected, and the deal fell through. For several years, our German citizens have been agitating a movement of this kind and finally took it into their own hands to provide Cushing with a suitable resting place for the dead. A number of influential members of the Lutheran church met here Saturday and selected a two-acre tract on the Volkert farm adjoining the Stewart place, three-fourth of a mile west of the Lutheran church on the Correctionville road. The owner, Carl Volkert, has already given his consent to deed the ground for consideration of $650.