Anders Petter Hedell
|Anders Petter Hedell|
October 24, 1829|
|Died||June 15, 1913 (aged 83)|
|Resting place||Red Cloud, IL, USA|
Christina Maria Stenberg
|See map of Anders Petter Hedell's descendents and ancestors|
See File:Hedell2.jpeg for spouse/descendants.
- immigrated w/ family to US in 1868
- Andrew P.Hadell (b,1829) & son Alfred Hadell (b.1869), lived Bureau Co.,IL & Webster Co.,NE; Alfred lived later in Atchison Co.,MO
- Photos taken in 1885-1890, in Red Cloud (Webster Co.) NE. Alfred looks to be about 20, while Grandpa looks to be about 50-55.
- 1880 census Arlington (Bureau Co.) IL - a Hedell family: A.P., age 51, wife Emma, 50 and children including Alfred, 15, all born Sweden. By 1900, in the Red Cloud (Webster Co.) NE census, Andrew P. Hadell, was age 71, with Sept 1829 birthdate. In 1910, Alfred was a Retail Merchant in Red Cloud, with wife & children. In 1920, he is in Clay (Atchison Co.) MO, an insurance agent.
- Jörgen has letters from Anders to his brother Alfred back in Sweden
Anders and his family emigrated to the US in 1868, aboard Captain Thomas' steamship, the Virginia. According to a June 7, 1868 New York Times article, Anders' wife and their two infant twins contracted Smallpox and were quarantined at the Smallpox Hospital on Blackwell Island (present day Roosevelt Island) in the East River off Manhattan.
See also: Photo of son Alfred.